We provide travel and tourism organizations with the most complete and accurate travel data on U.S. residents and their travel worldwide.
Who We Are
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in McLean, VA, DK Shifflet is the leading U.S. research firm measuring U.S. resident travel and traveler behavior.
What We Do
DK Shifflet contacts over 50,000 U.S. households each month to obtain detailed travel data, resulting in the unique ability to estimate visitor volume and spending, identify trends, forecast U.S. travel behavior and position brands. We also conduct custom research to address special client questions and to inform decisions. Our information is used daily by leading travel organizations and their strategic planning groups.
What Makes Us Different
DK Shifflet travel research experts work closely with our clients to provide sound recommendations regarding the application of marketing intelligence to their decision-making. We welcome every new client opportunity with our pledge to provide Excellence in Travel Intelligence® and our commitment to deliver maximum client satisfaction. We consider each client relationship a partnership for the development of their tourism business.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Visitor Volume (Market Sizing) and Spend Data
- Visitor/Guest Profiles
- Brand Performance Market Share and Trends
- Traveler Attitudes with Satisfaction, Value Ratings and More
- Custom Studies and Consultation
- Long Term Strategic Analysis
- Forecasting and Feasibility Analysis
- ROI of Marketing Programs
- Multiple Ratios and Metrics from Persons and Room-Nights to Dollars